Okay, Kari tagged me so I'm going to try and get this over with. It goes something like this - there's a list of things that I am supposed to answer about myself and then continue to tag other people to get them to answer the same things.
1. Something about what I was doing ten years ago. That would have been January 1998. I know exactly what Andy was doing in January 2008 - I went to his farewell and he left on his mission. I was in college at the time working on my degree in child development. I graduated the next year in 1999.
2. 5 things on my to-do list today. I'm laughing out loud. They must mean besides all the permanent things on my to-do list that I have to do EVERY day such as laundry, dishes, making Christian's lunch for school, making breakfast, lunches, and dinner for everyone in the family, constant feeding/burping/diapering of Jessica (as well as diapering Declan), bathing and dressing three separate children, trying to squeeze in a shower myself, reading my scriptures, family prayers, having Christian practice his piano both before and after school, etc, etc. I think you get the idea. I had a bazillion 'extra' things on my to-do list yesterday which would have made answering this question much easier. It's also the main reason I didn't get around to posting on my blog. So the 'extra' things for today are...
*Sign up for a yoga class
*Tell Andy that I love him
*Take Christian to Aroet's birthday party after school
*Report my visiting teaching for the month
*Try to accomplish the miracle of having both Declan and Jessica asleep at the same time so I can actually take a ten minute nap myself before one of them gets up. (update - the miracle actually happened and I had exactly ten minutes of blissful sleep)
*One thing I didn't plan on today was picking up my friend's son from school. He had a raging fever, they couldn't reach her, and I am the emergency contact. It's good to know that emergency contacts work. This same friend is the emergency contact for my kids too and I know she'd do the same thing for me in a heartbeat.
3. Snacks I enjoy:
*Chocolate
*Carrot sticks with plain Ruffles potato chips
*Quesadillas made with Tillamook cheese
*cold, crispy red delicious apples (I will throw the whole thing away if it's mushy - and once when I was really tired after Jessica was born I accidentally put a whole bag of apples in the freezer instead of the fridge. whoops. they were definitely cold, but once they thawed they were really, really, mushy)
4. What would I do/buy if I was a billionaire? Buy Andy a truck. A really nice one. Whatever kind he wants. Of course, it will be red. Of course, it will be a Chevy. He deserves it. He sold his really nice red Chevy truck back in 2001 to buy us a house. I owe him. :) Then I would buy him his own trucking company so he could be his own boss. I would also buy a bigger house and have more children. Lots more. My own or adopted. I'd probably also buy every book at Deseret Book even though I couldn't possibly read them all in my lifetime while raising such a large family. Of course, I would also be philanthropic and donate to lots of charities, but lets face it, these are the things I would do first.
5. 3 bad habits I have - We all have bad habits, some that we know we have and others we don't. Most of the ones I know I have (and there's a lot, such as talking way too loud, especially when I'm on the phone) I am actively trying to change. The ones I don't know I have must be the really bad ones that I really should change. Definite food for thought.
6. 5 places I have lived (I can name at least 5 places in the valley alone)
*California
*Oregon
*Nevada
*Utah
*Arizona
7. 5 jobs I have had
*A nanny specializing in families with triplets
*Joann ETC as a crafts specialist
*a filing clerk at Tielberg, Sanders and Park (law firm in downtown Phoenix - I did this at night during college when I was not in class or at another job)
*staging homes for sale
*preschool teacher
8. 5 things people don't know about me
*I am pigeon-toed - I had casts on both of my feet as an infant because of this
*I used to speak spanish fluently and even took a college literature class in spanish (not a single word of english was spoken or read - nothing but spanish) nowadays if I hear someone speaking spanish I usually don't say anything so I can hear if they say anything about me (aha! moment - that is probably a bad habit)
*I collect nativity sets
*I have seen an airbag up close and personal when a semi-truck (doing at least 65) crossed a double yellow line and smashed into the car I was in with my Grandma. We both walked away (her injuries were more serious - the car landed on the drivers side after flipping several times.) Ever since that day I think the Lincoln Continental must be the safest car on the planet by virtue of the fact that we simply survived the accident.
*I had my first kiss as a senior in high school at seventeen. The incredibly lucky guy? My husband, Andy. And I'm an incredibly lucky lady to be married to him.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Tagged!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay, that was hilarious! A good read I'd have to say. Not too painful, I hope! I loved the part about Andy being your first kiss. See?! I didn't know that! And how did I not know that we ask?? I just don't know! But, now I do and I'm better off for knowing all of this. :) I love you, keep up the good work! Kari
Post a Comment