Wednesdays are very busy days. It's the one day that Christian gets out of school early. (At 12:30 instead of 2:30) It's also the one day we go into town (Chandler, Tempe, Phoenix, etc.) and run errands, go to swimming lessons, and the library. Andy was (miraculously) off early again today and was able to go with us for all of it. The kids did great all day. Even at Costco, which was our last stop before coming home. But on the drive home, Jessica decided she had had enough. She screamed the entire drive home (all 45 minutes!) Sometimes it was a loud scream, and sometimes it was soft but she was definitely not happy. Declan was so concerned for his little sister. He kept telling me she was crying (as if I hadn't noticed :) ) and wanted to do something to help make her happy so she would stop crying. He started to sing her a little song he made up. 'I'm here, cha-cha-cha, I'm here, cha-cha-cha!' It had quite a little sing-song beat to it. After a little while I started thinking, hmm, I wonder where he learned the phrase cha-cha-cha. It's not common, and I don't think I've ever said it in front of him. So I leaned back a little to listen to him better. Bless his heart. He was singing "I'm here, Jessica!" trying to let her know that he was there for her and wanted her to be happy.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
I'm Here, Cha-Cha-Cha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment