September 2010

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

All Better!

Last week we had a pretty awful go-round with Declan being very sick for 6 very long days. You KNOW Declan is sick if he isn't running around being his usual, um, energetic self. But you REALLY know he's sick when all he does is lay down on the couch and he doesn't even have the energy to watch cartoons to pass the time.
I am so grateful my parents were here that week and for all that they did to help us. THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!!! And a Big Thank You also to my brother Matt. (You know what you did)
We are so grateful that the fever finally went away and the puke fest came to an end. I am happy to report that he is all better, and I'm so glad to see him running around again!

This shot was taken on the last day of puking. He had just enought energy left to protest having his picture taken. If you look very closely at this picture, you might just notice a little thing that our family calls the "puke bucket". I know what you're thinking - 'what a classy thing to call a garbage can from the bathroom' - but hey, at our house, we're nothing but classy. (Can you see my tongue in my cheek? 'Cause it's definitely there.)

Anyhoo- look even closer and you'll notice there are ducks on the aforementioned "puke bucket". Any why am I pointing this out? Hang on.....




Hmmm..... that suspiciously looks like a very classy bathroom garbage can with ducks on it ON TOP OF MY BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL'S HEAD! EW. Gross. Even now, looking at this picture -well after the actual incident- I still want to toss MY cookies.


As for Jessica, she thoroughly enjoys wearing 'classy' headwear and walking around bumping into things because she can't see. And of course, her daddy loves her so much he TAKES PICTURES to document this gross/cute behavior because that's what daddys do.



Here she is, Little Miss Classy! I am also very grateful/happy to report that Jessica did not get sick from her up-close-and-personal visit with the puke bucket. But she has enjoyed taking lots of baths to get clean! :)


2 comments:

Lori said...

I am so glad Declan is feeling better. We all took turns with the flu around Christmas and New Years and now Jack has a sinus infection. I guess we are not leaving the house until March.

Amy @MoMomma said...

I'm glad your lil guy is feeling better! The bathroom garbage can was always the designated puke bucket in my house growing up too - mine didn't have cute duckies on it though!